Terms & Conditions of Use
Copyright / Trademark
Except where otherwise indicated, all materials contained in this Web site are the copyrighted property of Jupiter, its affiliated companies and/or third party licensors. The Jupiter logo, all other service marks, and the names of various products and services described within are service marks of Jupiter or its affiliates. The Apple name and logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All other trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Permission is hereby granted to use, copy and distribute these materials as presented in this Web site and without alteration for non-commercial purposes only; provided that all copyright and other proprietary notices appear in all copies in the same manner as the original. All other uses are prohibited.
Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not use any portion of this Web site, or any other intellectual property of Jupiter (including, but not limited to Jupiter service marks), on any other Web site, in the source code of any other Web site, or in any other printed or electronic materials. Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not modify, publish, reproduce, republish, create derivative works, copy, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise use any of this Web site's content or frame this Web site within any other Web site without our prior written permission. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from this site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory, without prior written permission from Jupiter, is prohibited.
Jupiter does not knowingly permit anyone to post on this Web site materials that infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties. If you believe that your work has been copied and is available on this Web site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent (named below) with a notice that includes substantially the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Upon receipt of a notice meeting the above requirements, we will respond in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. We will also terminate account access by repeat infringers where we deem appropriate. Our designated agent for notices concerning copyright infringement is:
P. O. Box 190675
Nashville, TN 37219
Submitted Ideas Policy
When you submit ideas or materials to Jupiter ("Submissions"), such as for marketing, advertising, promotions, contests, products, services, devices, processes, trademarks, logos, artwork, music, photos, or videos, you grant to Jupiter a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free right and license to use, modify, publish, disclose, or exploit the Submission at Jupiter's discretion.
This site contains links to other Internet Web sites ("Third-party Sites") that are not maintained by Jupiter. These links are provided solely for your convenience. Jupiter makes no warranties or representations about the content of, any products or services offered by, or the intellectual property compliance of, such Third-party Sites. We recommend that you take the time to read the privacy policies and user agreements of these sites.
Privacy & Security
Agents & Brokers
In most states, independent insurance agents offer Jupiter products to consumers. In some states agents may charge additional fees for the placement or servicing of a policy.
Some Jupiter Web sites are restricted and require a user identification code ("User ID") and a password for access. Unauthorized use of or access of such sites is strictly prohibited.
In accessing Jupiter sites requiring a User ID and password, you agree that:
- Jupiter is entitled to act on instructions received under your User ID and password.
- Jupiter is not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information that is not the direct result of gross negligence or intentional misconduct on the part of Jupiter.
- You will keep your password confidential and you will notify Jupiter immediately if you believe someone else has obtained your User ID and password or any unauthorized access to the online service site has occurred or may occur.
- Jupiter may block access to the online service site without prior notice if we believe your User ID and password are being used by someone other than you, if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for other reasons.
Geographic Location Identification
When you visit our Web site, you may see messages tailored to your specific state or city. We are able to identify your general geographic location using a system that recognizes and pinpoints the location of publicly routed IP addresses - the unique numbers computers use to communicate with other devices on computer networks. Though we can identify your geographic location, we do not receive your personal information. We identify your location only to provide a more tailored experience for you.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The content and materials in this site are provided "as is" and without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Jupiter expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this site including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Jupiter does not warrant or represent that the functions or operation of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, its servers or any e-mail sent from Jupiter are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Jupiter shall not be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or damage, nor any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, which arises out of (a) the use of, or inability to use, this site or content found in this site, or (b) unless resulting from the gross negligence or intentional actions of Jupiter, the unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, even if Jupiter has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Jurisdiction / Enforceability
Use of this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any dispute concerning this site shall be subject to the exclusive venue of a court of competent jurisdiction in Davidson County, Tennessee.
Motor vehicle insurance policies are not underwritten by Jupiter, but rather, Jupiter is an agent for a variety insurance companies in various jurisdictions. Detail as to the underwriting Company can be located within your quote or policy documents.
Mobile Alerts Service
Your use of the Mobile Alerts service offered by Jupiter is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, you may not participate in the Mobile Alerts Service.
Jupiter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Continued use of the service will constitute your acceptance of the new terms.
- Changes to your wireless number. If your wireless number changes while you are enrolled in the Mobile Alerts service, you are responsible for updating your information with us. You may update this information by logging onto www.jupiterauto.com and changing your Mobile Alert contact information.
- New providers, canceled contracts and stolen phones. You must unenroll from the Mobile Alerts service if you switch wireless service providers but retain your old phone number. When your new provider activates your phone, you may re-enroll in the service. You must also unenroll from the Mobile Alerts service if you discontinue your phone service or lose your mobile phone.
- Fees. Some wireless service providers charge additional fees for sending and receiving text messages. You are responsible for any charges or fees that your wireless service provider may charge.
Modifications to the Mobile Alerts Service
From time to time, we may modify the scope and features of the Mobile Alerts Service. We will notify you via email whenever new features become available and if the scope of the service changes in such a way that affect when and how you receive Mobile Alerts.
We may suspend or terminate the Mobile Alerts Service at any time without prior notice to you for any reason, including, but not limited to, breakdown, maintenance, or disruptions in service caused by the various telecommunication networks and service providers.
Terminating Your Participation in the Mobile Alerts Service
You may unenroll from the Mobile Alert Service at any time by logging on to www.jupiterauto.com and changing your Mobile Alert preferences.
Limitations of Liability
There are a number of factors outside of our control that can impact or delay the delivery of your Mobile Alerts. These factors may include restrictions made by your wireless service provider and disruptions to your wireless service. The Mobile Alerts are provided for your convenience and do not replace your monthly account statement(s), which are the official record of your accounts. We do not assume any liability or responsibility for a failure or delay in transmitting the Mobile Alerts to you or for any errors in the information contained in the Mobile Alerts.
We also do not assume any liability for any losses or damage (a) caused by the disclosure of information to your mobile phone when the phone is another person's possession; or (b) to your data, mobile phone or other equipment caused by the use of the Mobile Alert service, unless directly and solely caused by our negligence or willful default. Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any claims, losses or costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your provision of a phone number that is not your own or your violation of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.